One Saturday morning when I woke up early at 11.56 am I thought should I sleep a bit more and make it past 12 so that I could set a land mark for me to cross it,next time. But my devil inner heart didn’t let me lie on bed and my brain dispatch the leave order to move out and have a look on others in my building which is a kind of hostel consisting employed and students of different fields and backgrounds. We are a complete crowd of 19 from different backgrounds like
Management, engineering, telecom, politics, loafers, unemployed grads and legal consultant. I can say this place is a complete data ware house only needed to be mining.
When I went and make a round I found only 7 people were there in the building and busy. I came back and sat and asked my brain which was still suffering from a recession crash of ideas inspired by the current market situation. Then I buy back my shares and put my thoughts into action and dialled to my girl friend. Girls are always a good medium of time waste unless you have Madonna as your girl friend.
As a creative stupid I always think sleeping may increase the level of creativity innovating new ideas to explore the thoughts into reality as I am portraying my thoughts in words, thanks to Microsoft for MS office which is reducing my pen and paper work otherwise I would have gone for a different work rather than putting my thoughts in to the digital interface. Not necessarily I want to tell that as a lazy guy I choose to lie on bed for few more time within which my brain could function and assign me some task other than offering some food to my hunger. Then suddenly my hands touched something, ahh..don’t get it other ways, it is not any biological human instrument but a book written by one of the great man of my country Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, who does not need any introduction. Being a visionary, a scientist, an innovator and lot to his credit I admire him and sometimes read him when my laziness wants to get rid of my body. The book was IGNITED MINDS (( Unleashing the power within India )) it was chapter no 3, the
topic was “Visionary Teachers and Scientist” where he was telling that it is more important to find out the real intellectual minds from our school age. And suddenly I got inspiration for my article (( Education beyond syllabus )) which I am writing because I felt there are a lot more lies in the corners of India what we can really identify seeing the results of students in examination.
There was an example of Srinivasa Ramanuja who only lived for 33 years ( 1887-1920 ) had no practical formal education or means of living yet he was incredibly agreat talent to Indian Mathematics what is known for its greatness to the world.
The matter of fact, I still remember the kid of standard 2 who taught me to write from different angles on the blackboard that could solve the purpose of teaching them, lines and its utility.
The movie 3 idiots was the first to leave a great impact on people’s mind but before that several attempts being taken by many a people but failed to execute them. Problem is “courage to lead” it to reality what they had thought off in a different way and bit input of society & circumstances also add essence.
The question arises that who want to be an Idiot in its own way of defining self when we have only one life to live (( unless you have seen Raaz Pichhle janam ka )) one life to experiments our strengths and one life to live with our passion. Our education system does not allow us to explore, Race is the only way to reach at the top. Class by class, exam by exam and the numbers just make a long list. In the entire process we forget that in standard 4th I had an innovation of picking sticks and arrange them into an architectural brilliance, my friend told me how to
spin the ball and how different angles of holding pen can result a good handwriting but finally these innovations of different talent turns into careers forced by their parents and ended up with a sales profile or something else which is poles apart from his real talent.
To understand in what I am good at cost so much time and value that you cannot come back to your real strength and finally decide to stick with whatever hell you are now. Cause it takes so much guts and courage to excel your soul from a sold body.
To be continued –
Education beyond Syllabus
Subhendu Biswal
www.subhendubiswal.in
Very well Written! Im glad you send me the link! Thought it was Informative,Witty and had a soul!
ReplyDelete-unless you have seen Raaz Pichhle janam ka (Funny)
Hoping to read more from you =D
Best Regards,